Thursday, May 16, 2013

And Life Goes On...

It has been awhile since I have taken time to sit and write, so please forgive my lack of diligence and what seems like my lack of concern. I was thinking yesterday how I needed to get back to the blog and business at hand, but moving my entire life, and then some, to another state some 1500 miles away kept getting in the way. ugh...

Earlier today, however, while out in the garage getting more packing boxes, I tripped over the cord to the power washer my husband was using, (Okay, I'm not great at picking up my feet!) and I took a fall squarely onto my left knee. Now, this knee and I have a history of issues. It has been kicked by horses, drained, run into by my Australian Shepherd at a dead run, drained, and fallen upon...and drained more than once. Oh, don't worry...we will both be fine!

Long story short, God works in mysterious ways, as I now sit on the sofa, knee resting comfortably on a pillow with an ice bag and towel placed directly on the now swelling and painful hematoma that is forming on my knee. My husband got me a cup of coffee and my computer and here I am. Isn't it amazing that I found time...or was given time.

The moral of this story is...sometimes we need to slow down our lives in order to accomplish the things we "need" to do that might not otherwise get done in an optimum time frame.

We, as human beings, whether we are in business or not, whether we are artists or not, sometimes forget what is important. We get busy with our everyday lives or with designing or making the things we love to make. If we work from home, we might forget to do the little things, like brush our hair or get out of our sweatsuit, just because we become so enthralled with the tasks at hand. We ignore the tiny voice in our heads that nags at us to take care of the little things, or just to take twenty minutes for ourselves to soak in a bath. Then, the practice of blocking out our inner voice soon deadens it to a whisper or kills it all together.

It shouldn't sound so bleak, and to most of you it probably sounds like I have made a mountain out of a mole hill. The reality is that I know "I" need to re-prioritize my time, especially if I am in so much of a hurry that I don't think to pick up my feet and end up injured, just to find time to do what I really want...to be able to share with all of you.

If you are in any kind of business, whether you work from home or not, there are times when you need to stop in your tracks, no matter where you are, and just...breathe! I picture some of you in the cities stopping on the sidewalk, in the midst of all that foot traffic, closing your eyes, pointing your chin upward, and breathing deeply, which, by the way, should put a very large smile on your face.

What you've done is taken a few seconds to lighten your soul, to rejuvenate your spirit, and to reorganize your thoughts. You might have even started a trend, not only for yourself, but for those around you who witnessed your "moment." Then again, who cares what "they" think. Just do it for yourself. Do it when you feel you need to. Do it when you don't think you need to. Your work will benefit, you family will benefit...and most of all...YOU will benefit from this seemingly insignificant process. What can it hurt? I dare you to try it!

Hugs to you all...and Stay Wired Up! Gail

No comments:

Post a Comment